Monday, September 08, 2014

My How Time Flies

Ok, so it's been over 3 months since I last blogged. I have no excuse. It's been a long, hot, smoke filled summer here in central Washington. We were inundated with smoke from multiple forest fires in the area, one of which set records for it's size and number of homes destroyed.

Have I mentioned that it was hot?
The middle number is the temperature in my studio (above the garage -- ac was set to 73). The lower number, the temperature outside....

This is what one of the worst days looked like outside my window.
And sunsets that looked like this:
Then there was the evening we went outside to plant this lovely rose mallow....

....and had my first encounter in the yard with a reptile of the slithering variety -- my biggest fear. Yes, I'm phobic about them. Will not even look at a picture of one.....I was told by the Bearded One that this was of the harmless variety. Doesn't matter, I don't want it in my yard! It took me a month to get off the patio. I'm still not venturing onto the upper bank area where all my garden is....

But then we went camping. First it was here, absolutely wonderful after all the triple digits.
Then it was camping among the Ponderosa pines in Eastern Oregon.
And presenting a quilt to a special camping friend....

And that is what I've been doing for the past 3 months......


3 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Was wondering how you were faring on the "other side" of the mountains! Several years ago I flew over the fires raging in Montana and it was absolutely horrifying. Hope things cool down and you get some rain. I know the whole west coast has been dry for a while.

Batiklover said...

Good to hear you are surviving, if only barely.....
Hey, is that a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates next to your thermometer??? Hope they didn't melt!!!!! :-). Hee hee

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Now that's HOT! I love the quilt, Liz... how lucky that recipient was!